Modelling Tips: Ramp Walk Tips For Indian Models
Setting Your Facial Expression
1) Set your chin facing slightly down. Don’t hang or droop your head- act like you have the invisible string attached at the top of your head holding you up. Because you will be above the audience on the catwalk, keeping your chin facing slightly down will let the audience see more of your face. Additionally, keeping your chin slightly tilted down will add angle to your face and will help lend you a little bit of attitude.
2) Don’t smile, and keep your mouth closed in a natural position. You don’t want to distract from the clothes you are wearing with a smile. Look in the mirror and try to hold your mouth naturally to see how it looks and feels. Ask someone else how your facial expressions look. Sometimes other people will be able to see things that you don’t notice.
For example, ask your friend “Do I look fierce?”.
If your lips slightly part naturally, you don’t have to force your lips closed.
3) Keep your eyes focused on something ahead of you. When it comes to making a good facial expression, the emphasis in the facial expression is on the eyes and eyebrows. Keep your eyes fixed on a point, and do not look around you. Stay concentrated on where you are going, and look alert and at attention. Focus on something that gives you purpose, and it will show in your eyes.
It may be tempting to make eye contact with someone in the audience; however, hold your facial expression, and avoid eye contact.
Be careful not to trip as you are walking. You should occasionally check your walk with your eyes only to keep yourself balanced and confident in your walk.
Use a mirror or a friend to double-check how your look is coming across. Keep trying with different looks until you find one that works as a supermodel look while feeling natural for you.
Walking and Posture
1) Stand up straight! Imagine that there is an invisible string holding you up from your spine to the top of your head. Keep your shoulders slightly back, and stand up as straight as you possibly can. This posture is what is going to sell the model presence the most, even if you are not actually tall like a model.
Keep your body loose while you stand tall. You do not have to hold your body stiff in order to stay tall. Practice appearing comfortable while walking tall by practicing in front of a mirror.
2) Place one foot in front of the other and walk with long strides. Imagine that you are walking on a rope by keeping one foot in front of the other walk, which will allow your hips to swing from side to side in that classic model way. As you strut forward, try to project confidence with your walk.If you are doing male style modeling, you do not have to place one foot directly in front of the other, instead, you can walk more naturally with your feet placed more side by side than one foot in front of the other.
Don’t go overboard with swinging your hips. You don’t have to be afraid of letting your hips move; however, do not exaggerate the motion intentionally.
3) Allow your arms to hang at your sides, and keep your hands relaxed. You do not need to swing your arms quite as much as your body will naturally. Let your arms hang and swing only slightly. This will make you look cool and composed as you walk down the catwalk. Likewise, keep your hands relaxed so that they are loosely cupped and slightly open. Also, don’t hold your fingers together too closely. There can be a 1/4 inch of space between your fingers.
Don’t make your arms too stiff, let them bend and sway slightly with your body.
Try not to move your hands too much or ball them up as this will make you appear nervous.
4) Practice walking with your heels on. No catwalk strut is complete without a tall pair of heels to give you height. But, if you are not practiced in walking in high heels it can take some getting used to. Put on your heels in the morning while you are getting ready. Strut around to get used to walking like a model and walking in high heels at the same time.
We are From modelling agencies in mumbai, If you want to Join with us then please let us know on www.mumbaidreams.co.in